The Potting Shed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Potting Shed

The Official Forum For The Potting Shed Guild

HomeHome  歡迎頁歡迎頁  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Esalen Granola

Go down 
AuthorMessage
szabolena
Beginner
Beginner
szabolena

Esalen Granola Empty
PostSubject: Esalen Granola   Esalen Granola EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 am

Esalen Granola

8 cups rolled oats
1 cup rye flakes (think flake cereal w/out fruit, corn flake, bran flake, etc)
1 cup almonds, chopped coarsely
1cup cashews, chopped coarsely
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
1tsp sea salt
¾ cup honey
¾ cup maple syrup
½ cup vegetable oil
2Tblsp vanilla

Blend the oats, flakes, nuts: almonds & cashews, and sesame seeds with the cinnamon and salt in a large bowl (or soup pot so you have room to stir) On the stove, mix the honey, syrup, oil and vanilla over low heat. Mix over low heat until well blended, then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well coated

Spread a ½ inch thick layer of the wet granola on two 12/16 inch baking trays. Bake in a preheated oven at 325 for an hour or, until granola turns golden brown. Be sure to turn every 5-10 minutes, Remove and allow to cool. Makes approx. 3 lbs.

Notes: The oven was tedious. I love the results but getting a dehydrator has made granola a cinch. I put the mixture into the dehydrator and forget about it for a few hours.

I've made this with variations, add other or additional nuts, fruit, vary the liquid sweeteners--you get the idea
Back to top Go down

Esalen Granola
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Potting Shed :: Other :: Favourite Recipes-
Jump to: